Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Pancake roll


Keeping on the pancake theme, we tried a pancake roll. It didn't work very well, you can see from the cracks in the picture above.


But after slicing it, putting it on the plate with a few berries for garnish, it didn't look so bad. And it tasted really good.

Here's how I made it:

I made pancake batter and poured it into a jelly roll pan lined with parchment paper. Then, I baked it until it looked done (about 10 minutes at 350 degrees). I turned it out onto another sheet of parchment paper as soon as it was out of the oven. Spread a mixture of cream cheese, mascarpone cheese and powdered sugar over the top, and sprinkled on some walnuts. Next I rolled it up and sliced it.

I sprinkled more walnuts on top and added a few berries to make it look pretty. What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment